Scone Local Services
Scone ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Scone site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Scone Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Scone When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Scone Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Scone Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Scone ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Scone and a Place to Meet
The scone.town Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Scone
Scone is a small town located in the Upper Hunter region of New South Wales, Australia. Here are some interesting facts about this charming town:
1. Scone is often referred to as the "Horse Capital of Australia". It is home to some of the finest thoroughbred stud farms in the world, and the annual Scone Horse Festival attracts thousands of visitors each year.
2. The name "Scone" is said to have come from the Gaelic word "sgonn", which means "a hill shaped like a nose". This is a reference to the nearby Mount Scone, which overlooks the town.
3. Scone is located on the banks of the Hunter River, which is one of the most important waterways in Australia. The river is famous for its scenic beauty and is a popular destination for fishing, canoeing, and other water-based activities.
4. Scone is home to the famous Scone Palace, which is a historic building that was once the residence of Scottish kings. It is now a popular tourist attraction and is said to be haunted by the ghost of a former resident.
5. Scone has a rich agricultural history and is known for its production of beef, dairy products, and crops such as wheat and barley. The town also has a strong mining industry and is home to several coal mines.
6. Scone is located just a short drive from the Barrington Tops National Park, which is one of the most beautiful and diverse national parks in Australia. The park is home to a wide variety of wildlife, including kangaroos, wallabies, and koalas.
7. Scone is also famous for its rural lifestyle and is home to many farmers and ranchers. The town has a strong community spirit and is known for its friendly locals and welcoming atmosphere.
8. Scone has a strong sporting culture and is home to several sporting clubs and facilities. The town is particularly famous for its rugby league and rugby union teams, which have a strong following throughout the region.
9. Scone has a rich cultural heritage and is home to several museums and galleries, as well as a number of historic landmarks and buildings. The town also hosts several cultural events throughout the year, including music festivals and art exhibitions.
10. Scone is a great place to visit whether you are interested in history, culture, nature, or just want to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. With its friendly locals, beautiful scenery, and wide range of attractions and activities, there is something for everyone in this charming town.