Scone Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Scone Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing scone.town for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Scone for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Scone?
Scone Galleries and Museums
Scone is a charming town located in New South Wales, Australia. This picturesque town is known for its rich history and cultural heritage. It is home to several galleries, museums and historical venues which offer visitors an opportunity to explore the town's fascinating past and present. In this article, we will take a closer look at some of the top galleries, museums, and historical venues in and around the town of Scone.
1. The Scone Arts and Crafts Inc. Gallery – This gallery is located in the town centre and features a diverse range of work from local artists and craftspeople. This charming gallery showcases paintings, pottery, woodwork, and textiles.
2. The Brett Whiteley Studio – The Brett Whiteley Studio is an art museum and studio located in nearby Muswellbrook. The gallery houses a collection of Brett Whiteley's work, including paintings, drawings, and sculptures.
3. The Kevin Best Gallery – The Kevin Best Gallery is located in nearby Aberdeen and features a range of contemporary art from both local and world-renowned artists. This gallery is committed to promoting emerging artists and fostering creative talent.
1. The Scone Court House – The Scone Court House is a stunning heritage-listed building located in the town centre. This building was constructed in the 19th century and is notable for its beautiful sandstone façade and Victorian-era architecture.
2. The Scone Railway Station – The Scone Railway Station is a heritage-listed railway station located in the town centre. This station played a significant role in the development of the town and is a popular spot for railway enthusiasts.
3. The St. Luke's Anglican Church – The St. Luke's Anglican Church is a beautiful sandstone church located in the town centre. This church was built in the 19th century and is notable for its stunning stained glass windows and intricate stone carvings.
1. The Scone and Upper Hunter Historical Society Museum – The Scone and Upper Hunter Historical Society Museum is located in the town centre and offers visitors a fascinating glimpse into the town's history. The museum features exhibits on the town's indigenous culture, early settlement, and agricultural heritage.
2. The Australian Stock Horse Society Museum – The Australian Stock Horse Society Museum is located in nearby Blandford and offers visitors an opportunity to learn about the history and significance of the Australian Stock Horse. The museum features exhibits on the breed's origins, breeding, and training.
3. The Surmount Sculpture Park and Museum – The Surmount Sculpture Park and Museum is an outdoor museum located in nearby Muswellbrook. This museum features a collection of over 50 sculptures from some of Australia's most prominent artists.
Scone is a breathtaking town with a rich cultural heritage and a strong artistic community. Whether you're interested in art, history, or just looking for a fun day out, there is plenty to see and do in and around the town of Scone. With its stunning galleries, museums, and historical venues, this charming town is a must-visit destination for any culture buff.
Scone Galleries and Museums Articles